Skip to Main Content
COMPARE : a method for analyzing investment alternatives in industrial wood and bark energy systemsAuthor(s): Peter J. Ince
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-36. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory; 1983. 27 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (295 KB)
DescriptionCOMPARE is a FORTRAN computer program resulting from a study to develop methods for comparative economic analysis of alternatives in industrial wood and bark energy systems. COMPARE provides complete guidelines for economic analysis of wood and bark energy systems. As such, COMPARE can be useful to those who have only basic familiarity with investment analysis of wood and bark energy systems. This report provides instructions on how to prepare data for COMPARE, information on how to use the program, sample data, sample output, and a listing of the program. COMPARE ranks investment alternatives according to the highest benefit cost ratio based on discounted energy values and cash flows. The use of a benefit cost ratio as a ranking criterion is analyzed and explained in an appendix to this report.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationInce, Peter J. 1983. COMPARE : a method for analyzing investment alternatives in industrial wood and bark energy systems. Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-36. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory; 1983. 27 p.
KeywordsEnergy, computer software, economic analysis, bark, cash flow analysis, investments, computer programs, COMPARE (Computer program), fuelwood, economic aspects
- PARVCOST : a particleboard variable cost program
- A computer program for analysis of fuelwood harvesting costs
- Economic analysis of wood- or bark-fired systems
XML: View XML