Skip to Main Content
FORDAT : an information retrieval system for forest economic dataAuthor(s): Henry M. Spelter
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-33. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 15 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (1.2 MB)
DescriptionTime series data frequently used in Forest Service studies of wood products consumption have been stored in a data retrieval system on the computer of the University of Wisconsin. The data cover activity in wood processing from forest to end use. Prices and costs at succeeding stages, historical usage, production rates, and other relevant data to wood use analysis were compiled. The system is available on-line and may be accessed directly or the data may be obtained in printed form by interested users.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSpelter, Henry M. 1981. FORDAT : an information retrieval system for forest economic data. Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-33. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 15 p.
KeywordsWood products, forest products, information processing, information retrieval, economic analysis, production, prices, costs, consumption, databases, time series, wood utilization, forest products industries, information services
- PRESTO: online calculation of carbon in harvested wood products
- Use of wood in buildings and bridges
- Industrial wood productivity in the United States, 1900-1998
XML: View XML