Skip to Main Content
Critical literature review of relationships between processing parameters and physical properties of particleboardAuthor(s): Myron W. Kelly
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-10. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 65 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: View PDF (562 KB)
DescriptionThe pertinent literature has been reviewed, and the apparent effects of selected processing parameters on the resultant particleboard properties, as generally reported in the literature, have been determined. Resin efficiency, type and level, furnish, and pressing conditions are reviewed for their reported effects on physical, strength, and moisture and dimensional properties. A serious deficiency in the research appears to be lack of consideration of the within-panel density gradient and its effects on physical properties.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKelly, Myron W. 1977. Critical literature review of relationships between processing parameters and physical properties of particleboard. Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-10. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 65 p.
KeywordsParticleboards, temperature, moisture, bibliographies, orientation, physical properties, formaldehyde, adhesives, surface roughness, physical and mechanical properties
- Hardwoods of North America
- Moisture relations and physical properties of wood
- Softwoods of North America
XML: View XML