Skip to Main Content
Timber management and use-value assessmentAuthor(s): Paul E. Sendak; Neil K. Huyler
Source: Res. Pap. NE-691. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 8 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (932.41 KB)
DescriptionDescribes timber management activity and estimates timber harvest from forest land enrolled in Vermont's Use Value Appraisal (UVA) Forest Land property tax program. Data were compiled from the mandatory management plans and annual conformance reports filed for each property enrolled in the Program. Overall, 31 percent of the UVA properties reported a commercial harvest during 1989. The harvest on enrolled lands represented 18 percent and 24 percent, respectively, of the reported total sawlog and pulpwood-fuelwood harvest in Vermont in 1989, while enrolled lands represented about 16 percent of the total timberland in the State.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSendak, Paul E.; Huyler, Neil K. 1994. Timber management and use-value assessment. Res. Pap. NE-691. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 8 p.
KeywordsSilviculture, timber harvest, Vermont, property tax
- Vermont's use-value appraisal property tax program: a forest inventory and analysis
- Working woods: A case study of sustainable forest management on Vermont family forests
- An alternate property tax program requiring a forest management plan and scheduled harvesting
XML: View XML