Skip to Main Content
Data bank for short-length red oak lumberAuthor(s): Janice K. Wiedenbeck; Charles J. Gatchell; Elizabeth S. Walker
Source: Res. Pap. NE-695. Radnor, PA: US. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 16 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (989.72 KB)
DescriptionThis data bank for short-length lumber (less than 8 feet long) contains information on board outlines and defect size and quality for 426 414-inch-thick red oak boards. The Selects, 1 Common, 2A Common, and 3A Common grades are represented in the data bank. The data bank provides the kind of detailed lumber description that is required as input by computer programs that analyze rough mill yield.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWiedenbeck, Janice K.; Gatchell, Charles J.; Walker, Elizabeth S. 1994. Data bank for short-length red oak lumber. Res. Pap. NE-695. Radnor, PA: US. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 16 p.
KeywordsLumber defects, computer-yield simulation programs, lumber grades, lumber size
- 1998 data bank for kiln-dried red oak lumber
- Quality Characteristics of Appalachian Red Oak Lumber
- A comprehensive defect data bank for no. 2 common oak lumber
XML: View XML