Skip to Main Content
Methods to estimate total forest biomass for extensive forest inventories: applications in the northeastern U.S.Author(s): Eric H. Wharton; Douglas M. Griffith
Source: Res. Pap. NE-681. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 52 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (3.97 MB)
DescriptionPresents methods for synthesizing information from existing biomass literature when making biomass assessments over extensive geographic areas, such as for a state or region. Described are general applications to the northeastern United States, and specific applications to Ohio. Tables of appropriate regression equations and the tree and shrub species to which these equations can be applied are presented.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWharton, Eric H.; Griffith, Douglas M. 1993. Methods to estimate total forest biomass for extensive forest inventories: applications in the northeastern U.S. Res. Pap. NE-681. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 52 p.
Keywordsforest inventory, weight estimation tree biomass, forest biomass, shrub biomass, regression equations
- Estimating total forest biomass in New York, 1993
- Estimating total forest biomass in Maine, 1995
- Effects of Model Choice and Forest Structure on Inventory-Based Estimations of Puerto Rican Forest Biomass.
XML: View XML