Skip to Main Content
Timber resource statistics for nonnational forest land in western Washington, 2001.Author(s): Andrew N. Gray; Charles F. Veneklase; Robert D. Rhoads
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-246. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 117 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (682 KB)
DescriptionThis report is a summary of timber resource statistics for an inventory of the 19 counties in western Washington: Clallam, Clark, Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Island, Jefferson, King, Kitsap, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, Pierce, San Juan, Skagit, Skamania, Snohomish, Thurston, Wahkiakum, and Whatcom. The inventory in 2000 sampled all private and public lands except those administered by the National Forest System and those that were reserved from management for wood products. Area information for parks and other reserves was obtained directly from the organizations managing these areas. Statistical tables provide estimates of land area, timber volume, growth, mortality, and harvest for individual survey units for western Washington as a whole.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGray, Andrew N.; Veneklase, Charles F.; Rhoads, Robert D. 2005. Timber resource statistics for nonnational forest land in western Washington, 2001. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-246. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 117 p.
KeywordsForest surveys, forest inventory, statistics (forest), timber resources, resources (forest), western Washington
- Timber resource statistics for western Oregon, 1997.
- Timber resource statistics for forest land in eastern Washington, January 2002.
- Washington's public and private forests.
XML: View XML