Skip to Main Content
Within-band spray distribution of nozzles used for herbaceous plant controlAuthor(s): James H. Miller
Source: In: Street, Joe E. ed. Proceedings of the southern weed science society, weed science education: the cost of ignorance. 1994 January 17-19. Dallas, TX. Champaign, IL: Southern Weed Science Society: 137-141.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (109 KB)
DescriptionAbstract. Described are the spray patterns of nozzles setup for banded herbaceous plant control treatments. Spraying Systems Company nozzles. were tested, but similar nozzles are available from other manufacturers. Desirable traits were considered to be as follows: an even distribution pattern, low volume, low height, large droplets, and a single nozzle or short boom. The nozzles that best matched these traits are as follows: a TW flooding tip, a TF2 "Turbo" flooding tip, and 3 each XR8002 flat-fan tips spaced 19 in. apart---all best at 15 psi. Also, 2 each 9502E (even) flat-fan tips on a 2O-in. boom attached to a wand on a spraygun had a fairly even distribution (C.V.=O.38-0.40) and was superior to a regular wand for applicator control.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiller, James H. 1994. Within-band spray distribution of nozzles used for herbaceous plant control. In: Street, Joe E. ed. Proceedings of the southern weed science society, weed science education: the cost of ignorance. 1994 January 17-19. Dallas, TX. Champaign, IL: Southern Weed Science Society: 137-141.
- Spray Distribution of Boomless Nozzles: The Boomjet 5880, Radiarc and Boom Buster
- Foliar spray banding characteristics
- Portable tripod-mounted boom sprayer for applying herbicides on tall shrubs
XML: View XML