Skip to Main Content
Directed Foliar Sprays of Forestry Herbicides for Loblolly Pine ReleaseAuthor(s): James H. Miller
Source: Southern Journal of Applied Forestry 14: 199-206.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (270 KB)
DescriptionDirected foliar sprays are lowcost alternatives to aerial applications of herbicides for releasing pines from competing hardwoods and shrubs (Thomas et al. 1989, Lowery 1981).Directed sprays also could be used in site-preparation treatments, pre-commercial thinnings, hardwood regeneration management, and cover maintenance of wildlife openings, scenic vistas, and recreational areas.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiller, James H. 1990. Directed Foliar Sprays of Forestry Herbicides for Loblolly Pine Release. Southern Journal of Applied Forestry 14: 199-206.
- Effect of directed-spray glyphosate applications on survival and growth of planted oaks after three growing seasons
- A new method for spray deposit assessment
- Propeller wash effects on spray drift
XML: View XML