Skip to Main Content
Spray Distribution of Boomless Nozzles: The Boomjet 5880, Radiarc and Boom BusterAuthor(s): James H. Miller
Source: In: Proceedings, 43rd Annual Meeting Southern Weed Science Society; 1990 January 15-17; Atlanta, GA. Champaign, IL: Southern Weed Science Society: 203-214.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (244 KB)
DescriptionAbstract. The patterns of spray distribution are described for three boomless nozzlesthat arc commonly used, or have promise, for forestry applications: The BoomJet5880 cluster nozzle (Spraying Systems Co.), the Radiarc (Waldrum specialties ), and the Boom Buster (Evergreen Products). Spray distribution patterns were determined using regularly spaced collection cups and multiple tractor passes at 2-3 mph. Modified configurations of the Radiarc produced the most even distribution pattern, while 5- to 14-fold differences in rate occurred within the pattern of the BoomJet. The Boom Buster Model 140 yielded within swath peaks that were 28-473 greater than the average. Nozzle alignment is critical when using boomless nozzles and should be checked frequently during operational treatments.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiller, James H. 1990. Spray Distribution of Boomless Nozzles: The Boomjet 5880, Radiarc and Boom Buster. In: Proceedings, 43rd Annual Meeting Southern Weed Science Society; 1990 January 15-17; Atlanta, GA. Champaign, IL: Southern Weed Science Society: 203-214.
- Within-band spray distribution of nozzles used for herbaceous plant control
- Portable tripod-mounted boom sprayer for applying herbicides on tall shrubs
- Foliar spray banding characteristics
XML: View XML