Real Jobs, Real Impact
Temporary and seasonal employees play an important role in caring for the land and serving the people.
Join a workforce with purpose! Apply on USAJOBS. There are many job announcements posted on USAJOBS.
Jobs Near You
The map below identifies the states that make up the Forest Service regions.
- Northern Region (R1)
- Rocky Mountain Region (R2)
- Southwestern Region (R3)
- Intermountain Region (R4)
- Pacific Southwest Region (R5)
- Pacific Northwest Region (R6)
- Southern Region (R8)
- Eastern Region (R9)
- Alaska Region (R10)
Positions range from archeology technician to visitor information assistant. Seasonal jobs help the Forest Service achieve our mission by contributing to forest health, resource protection and fire prevention and suppression.
- Forestry Technician (Fire) – Join the wildland fire organization as a seasonal firefighter assigned to wildfire suppression, prescribed burning, and fire prevention and preparedness.
- Forestry Technician (Recreation) – Provide visitors to our national forests with safe access to a variety of recreational opportunities by maintaining, repairing and monitoring recreation sites, trails and campgrounds.
- Forestry Technician (Timber) – Help manage and conserve our national forests by evaluating forest conditions and collecting data, planting and pruning trees, and assisting with timber sales.
- Biological Science Technician (Wildlife) – Help protect and conserve wildlife by assessing animal populations, restoring and monitoring habitat, and evaluating projects for their effect on native species.
- Biological Science Technician (Plants) – Help protect and conserve trees, forbs, grasses and other plants by conducting surveys, inventorying threatened and endangered plant species, and collecting and planting seeds.
- Hydrologic Technician – Work closely with engineers, fish biologists and soils scientists to assess and protect the health of lakes, streams and springs on our national forests.
- And many more! Explore your opportunities today!
Find out more about our available job openings and upcoming hiring events, as well as your eligibility, how to apply, and building a Federal resume.
Human Resources Management is here to help. Contact us with questions about your application by calling 1-877-372-7248, select Option 2, and follow the prompts. The Contact Center is open from 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (MST) Monday through Friday, and closed on all federal holidays.