Passes & Permits

A kid looks through binoculars.

Recreation Passes and Permits - 

Some developed recreation sites or trailheads on the forest require a day-use fee. Find out where fees are charged, which passes are accepted and buy a pass online.

Salal- Berries produced by this shrub are eaten by wildlife and collected by people.

Forest Products Permits - 

Personal and/or Commercial Use permits are required in order to gather many special forest products such as: edible or decorative material, Christmas trees, and firewood. Información en Español.

A camera crew wearing waders sets up equipment.

Special Use Permits (Events and Commercial) - 

Many special uses are currently authorized under permits such as: recreation events, outfitter guides, filming, research studies and more.

Please contact your nearest Ranger District Office for permit information not listed.!ut/p/z0/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfIjo8zijQwgwNHCwN_DI8zPwBcqYKBfkO2oCADIwpjI/?position=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&pname=Olympic%2520National%2520Forest-%2520Passes%2520&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&ss=110609&pnavid=null&navid=160000000000000&ttype=main&cid=FSE_003771