Gila Historic Images Gallery

Photo Gallery

Trail riders, gila wilderness. The "catwalk" built by the glenwood ccc camp. bringing in a prize deer weighing 201 pounds from black mountain. Hunters spend many dollars with ranchers for horses, meals, and guides. A party of lion hunters rest with their animals on middle fork      of the gila river.> The bobcat (lynx), enemy of wild turkeys and fawns, is treed by dogs. A bear coming down a tree in beaver creek. [Photo] 1928-Yucca near Silver City. [Photo] n.d.-Pinos Altos Ranger Station at Pinos Altos, New Mexico. [Photo] n.d.-A narrow gauge railroad to the maines at Pinos Altos. 1937-Gila National Forest boundary sign on the Silver City-Kingston Road. [Photo] n.d.-Deer antlers found in a Navajo Indian camp on Eagle Creek. [Photo] n.d.-Heavy equipment destined for the gold mill at Graham (also called Whitewater) A road camp on cherry creek. Working over old tailings, using a rocker, to find gold at whitewater mill. Structure on a homestead entry filed by charles potter. this was insection 11, township 17 sout

Page 2 of 7


https://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/cs/photogallery?ss=110306&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&navid=091000000000000&pnavid=null&ttype=photogallery&recid=&actid=&counter=FSEM_033139.16&cid=124&pname=US%20Forest%20Service%20Pictures