Ashley National Forest is located in northeastern Utah and Wyoming.
It encompasses 1,384,132 National Forest acres (1,287,909 in Utah and 96,223 in Wyoming). Of the total acres, 276,175 are High Uintas Wilderness (180,530 additional acres of High Uintas Wilderness is located on the Wasatch / Cache National Forest).
Elevations on the Ashley National Forest range from 6,000 feet to over 13,500 feet.
Latest news on the Greater Sage-Grouse Conservation Effort
Visitor Information - Some quick highlights . . .
The interactive travel map shows the National Forest System roads, National Forest System trails, and areas on National Forest System lands that are designated for motor vehicle use. The map is searchable by vehicle class, time of year, route number, and travel mode. You can zoom into an area on a national forest or grassland, see the roads and trails in that area, and find out which ones are open to motor vehicles, and when. You can see rivers, lakes, mountain peaks, campgrounds, and topographic lines. Land ownership is shown by color. You can also print a map of the area you wish to visit.
Outreach Notices and Job Announcements:
- Outreach for Forestry Technician - Fire GS-462-09 (response requested by December 9, 2015)
- Outreach for Fire Positions in the Intermountain Region (response requested by December 1, 2015)
- Outreach Forester - Timber Sales Administration GS-0460-07/09 (response requested by November 20, 2015)
- Outreach Forestry Technician - Timber Sales Administration GS-0462-07/08/09 (response requested by November 20, 2015)
- Outreach Public Collaboration Specialist GS-0301-11/12 (response requested by November 16, 2015)
Vacancy Announcements for Seasonal Positions in 2015
If you would like to search for upcoming vacancies nationally please visit our national outreach database at :