2015 Christmas Tree Permit Information
Christmas Tree Hotline (928) 333-6229
NOTE: In past years Big 5 Sporting Goods stores have graciously assisted us in the sales of Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests Christmas tree permits, however, their contract expired this year. No vendors in the Phoenix, Tucson, or Flagstaff areas will be selling these permits this year. The nearest location for residents of these communities to purchase a permit will be the Mogollon Rim Visitor Center or the Black Mesa Ranger District. Please see the map below.
Cutting Dates 2015
- Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests: November 16-December 24.
- Permits must be purchased in person, and cannot be sold online or over the phone.
- Davis True Value at 617 E Main Street, Springerville, AZ. Open 7 days a week. Please call for office hours and permit availability.
- All five Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests Ranger District offices: Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm November 16th - December 24th (928) 333-6280
- Mogollon Rim Visitors Center: Fridays and Saturdays 9am - 3:30pm weather permitting November 27th - December 19th
The cost per permit is $15 for a tree up to 10 feet tall. For trees over 10 feet, you must contact the ranger district and make arrangements through them.
General Rules for Christmas Tree Permits
- One Christmas tree permit allowed per household - for personal use only.
- Two additional permits can be obtained for friends/family. This equals three permits total.
- Trees must be cut within designated cutting areas.
- There are no refunds on Christmas tree permits.
Christmas tree hotline (928) 333-6229
2015 Christmas Tree Cutting Instructions
General Tree Identification
Maps of 2015 Cutting Areas
Cutting Unit 1a & 1b - Heber-Overgaard Area
Cutting Unit 2 - Lakeside -Showlow Area
Cutting Unit 6a - Springerville Area
Cutting Unit 6b - Alpine Area
Cutting Unit 6c - Clifton Area