Motor Vehicle Use Maps
Motor Vehicle Use Maps - Free, NO Shipping and Handling Fee
The MVUM Displays:
- National Forest System (NFS) roads, trails, or areas designated open to motorized travel.
- Allowed uses by vehicle class (ex. highway-legal vehicles, vehicles 50 inches or less in width and motorcycles), and
- seasonal allowances
Routes not shown on the MVUM are not open to public motor vehicle travel. Routes designated for motorized use may not always be signed on the ground but will be identified on the MVUM. It will be the public’s responsibility to reference the MVUM to stay on designated roads, trails, and areas open to motor vehicle use.
The MVUM will be updated annually, in March, to correct mapping errors and update travel decisions.
The MVUM is a black and white map with no topographic features. It is a map for legal designations of where you can travel with various motorized vehicles, but for additional reference it is best used in conjunction with other detailed maps. The MVUM is free to the public at each local offices. The MVUM is available on this website and sections of it may be printed from your home computer.
If you do not already have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader you can download a copy from Adobe.
There are four ways to get a copy of an MVUM:
- Visit the Travel Access website. Once you zoom into Michigan the information for the Huron-Manistee National Forests will start to appear. Until you zoom in enough all you will see is "data available". This version is full-color.
- Call one of our offices to obtain full-sized, paper, versions of the map(s), visit the About Us section of the website for phone numbers and addresses. The print version is black and white. The locater map below will help you determine which map you need/want to request.
- Contact us via email at email@example.com to obtain either a paper or electronic version of the map.
- Download a pdf version to your computer:
- A - Mio Area (pdf) 1,807 KB
- B - Huron Shores Area (pdf) 1,322 KB
- C - Manistee Area (pdf) 1,459 KB
- D - Cadillac Area (pdf) 992 KB
- E - Baldwin Area (pdf) 2,268 KB
- F - White Cloud Area (pdf) 1,266 KB