Verlot Public Service Center
Verlot Public Service Center, eleven miles east of Granite Falls on the Mt. Loop Highway, was built by the Civilian Conservation Corp between 1936-38. It was originally built as a headquarters for the newly created Monte Cristo Ranger District. Verlot is now a visitor center and headquarters for hiking, camping, hunting, and fishing information. Current weather and hiking information is available, as are maps, and hiking/outdoor books. There is a newly renovated museum located in this historic building. Several popular hikes, including the Big 4 Ice Caves (never enter the caves), Mt. Pilchuck, Lake 22, Heather Lake, Mt. Dickerman and Goat Lake are within minutes of this station.
33515 Mtn. Loop Highway
Granite Falls, WA 98252
Drive 11 miles east of Granite Falls on Highway 92.