Panorama of Enchantments (View of Aasgard Pass to Snow Lakes, from Little Annapurna) on August 23, 2011. Photo by Clint Kyhl
UPDATED February 15, 2016
The 2016 Enchantment annual advanced lottery period is now OPEN. For more information on how to obtain a permit, Please click here.
The Enchantments are currently under a heavy blanket of snow. The snowpack is currently 100% of normal for the area.
NWS Weather forecasts in the Enchantments near Snow Lakes at 7,000 ft please click HERE
For Leavenworth area webcams click HERE
Some other GREAT resources for trail information, including Enchantment trip reports, can be found on WTA.org and NWHikers.net
EIGHTMILE ROAD RD (#7601) IS CLOSED FOR THE WINTER
As spring and summer approach we will assess road conditions and determine when the road can be opened. It is approximately 3 miles from the gate at the bottom of road 7601 and the Stuart Lake trailhead.
PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING WHEN VISITING THE ENCHANTMENTS
- Starting in 2016, overnight permits are required from May 15 through October 31st. PLEASE BE AWARE: While permits may be reserved as early as May 15th, early spring snow and weather conditions may not allow road access to the Stuart Lake or Eight-mile Lake trailheads during the early part of the season. Even if road access is possible, traveling and camping on snow is HIGHLY likely during May and June. Please be aware of cancellation and change policies as well as the skills and equipment you will need to travel in the Enchantments in the early spring or late fall.
- Campfires are prohibited above 5000’ and within ½ mile of Little 8-Mile and Eightmile Lake. There are only a couple campsites low on the Snow Lakes Trail and Stuart Lake Trail where campfires are allowed. Check carefully and make sure you know where you are.
- Unlike the rest of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness, the Enchantments has a party size limit of 8 people. You cannot combine two permits that creates a group larger than 8.
- You must camp within the zone you are permitted for the duration of your trip. The only permit that allows you to camp anywhere is the Core Enchantments Permit.
- Dogs are prohibited in the entire Enchantments Permit Area. If you want to hike with your dog, most other trails on the district are open to pets. Contact the Leavenworth Ranger Station if you would like hike recommendations.
Overnight Wilderness Permits for the Enchaments are required from May 15 - October 31th. Information is available on Recreation.gov and the forest website HERE. Self issuing day use permits (free) and Northwest Passes ($5 per day, per car) are available at most trailheads accessing the Enchantments. Free parking passes are given to those purchasing Enchantment Permits for the duration of your stay. No camping at trailheads.