Fire and Aviation Management
Fire Danger Rating: HIGH
Industrial Fire Precaution Level (IFPL):
- Current IFPL: (541) 957-3489
- Cottage Grove Ranger District - IFPL II (as of September 21, 2016 12:01 a.m.)
- Diamond Lake Ranger District - IFPL II (as of September 21, 2016 12:01 a.m.)
- North Umpqua Ranger District - IFPL II (as of September 21, 2016 12:01 a.m.)
- Tiller Ranger District - IFPL II (as of September 21, 2016 12:01 a.m.)
Public Use Restrictions:
Wildland Fire Info - InciWeb - Incident Information System - InciWeb is an interagency wildland fire incident information management system.
Northwest Interagency Coordination Center (NWCC) - The NWCC serves as the nortwest area geographic focal point to provide logistical support and intelligence relative to anticipated and ongoing wildland fire activity for all federal and cooperating state wildland fire suppression agencies.
National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) - Located in Boise, Idaho, NIFC is the nationwide clearinghouse for information on current wildland fire status and national situation reports
Douglas Forest Protection Association (DFPA)
- For information on burning restrictions and closures on land protected by DFPA, call the Closure Information Line at (541) 672-0379, or visit the DFPA web site at www.dfpa.net.
- For burning permits or other business, call DFPA headquarters at (541) 672-6507.
Fireworks of any type and exploding targets are prohibited on National Forest lands under Federal Law. Some exceptions for fireworks may occur, but only under special use permit, at the discretion of land managers and in strict accordance with fire prevention regulations. The prohibition of exploding targets on National Forest lands is not intended to deter the sport of target shooting. The prohibition is directed at concerns over the potential for fire ignition associated with the use of exploding targets on public lands. The Forest Service recognizes hunting and safe target shooting as a valid use of National Forest System lands.
||Number of Fire Starts
Find more information about fire-fighting and fire-related positions, both permanent and temporary job opportunities visit the Forest Service Fire & Aviation Management Employment web site.