The Bridger-Teton National Forest works with many different groups, individuals and entities to complete all the work that is necessary to pursue our mission. If it weren't for the support and dedication of these people the Forest would be a different place. The Bridger-Teton National Forest greatly appreciates all of the people and organizations that step forward to take responsibility for their public lands and help us to get excellent work done on the ground in so many ways.
Browse the links to the left to learn more about volunteering, critical partnerships, and many more ways people help to make the Forest the great place it is.
For a list of seasonal and permanent fire jobs and outreach notices as well as information on how to apply visit the Teton Interagency Fire website.
Youth Conservation Corp (YCC) Summer Employment 2016
The YCC program with the Bridger-Teton National Forest Summer 2016 is now accepting applications with the deadline of April 1st, 2016. The YCC's are selected at random as long as their application is fully completed. The selected students will be notified by April 8th.
For all of our YCC positions this year, there is a high emphasis on getting the student working outdoors with the recreation department (the Jackson position will have a wildlife emphasis). Whether they are helping build trails, or repairing facilities such as fences and signs, our goal is to have the YCC learn a variety of job skills that will instill appreciation for the natural resource fields. This is a great opportunity to get work experience for those that are thinking of getting into the workforce.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 18, when selected
- Must fully complete and submit the YCC application on or before the deadline to the contact indicated below
- Commitment to an 8 week program
- Will be working 40 hours a week
- Able to work comfortable in an outdoor environment
- Must provide their own transportation to assign duty
- No previous experience required
There will be 7 non-residential position available for the Bridger-Teton National Forest:
- (2 positions) Kemmerer Ranger District, located in Kemmerer,WY
- (2 position) Big Piney Ranger District, located in Pinedale, WY
- (1 position) Greys River Ranger District, located in Afton, WY
- (1 position) Jackson Ranger District, located in Jackson, WY
- (1 position) Pinedale Ranger District, located in Pinedale, WY
For their service, YCC will be paid $10 an hour.
YCC Application 2016
Any questions feel free to contact Angelica Cacho the Bridger-Teton YCC Forest Coordinator at (307) 739-5565 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org .