The Cleveland National Forest is located in the southwestern part of California.
Where is this Forest?


Passes & Permits

Recreation Passes & Permits

  • Recreation passes & permits include: recreation passes for the Cleveland National Forest and southern California region, wilderness permits, and national interagency annual, access, and senior passes.


Forest Products Permits

  • Forest products include items such as firewood, mistletoe, and other products for personal use. Collecting and removing such forest products requires a permit. Christmas tree permits are not issued on the Cleveland National Forest.

Botanical Collecting Permits

If you are interested in collecting plant materials from the Cleveland National Forest, please be advised of the following:

  • Requests should be submitted at least 8 weeks in advance, and no later than January 15th  for spring collection due to the large number of requests.
  • No commercial collecting allowed.
  • For all requests, include a copy of the study design, list of requested species, quantities, and a map of proposed collecting locations.
  • Collection requests should be submitted via email or hard copy to the Forest Supervisor’s office.


Event/Commercial Permits

  • Certain types of uses of public lands require "Special Use Authorizations". These include commercial activities, such as filming and guiding. Non-commercial uses may also require Special Use Authorizations, including recreation residences and organized events and gatherings.


Other Permits

  • Noncommercial Group Use and other Special Uses