The Gifford Pinchot National Forest is located in the south central part of Washington state.
Where is this Forest?


Recreation Passes & Permits

Where are recreation day use fees charged? 

To purchase online click on the "BUY" buttons. For more information click on the individual passes. 

Recreation Passes

Question Mark with Question text



What types of recreation passes are available and how do I decide?

Are there any Free Days? Fees are waived at Forest Service-managed day use sites to celebrate specific events.

Where does the money go? Recreation fee revenues make a difference.

How can I get involved? The Pacific Northwest Recreation Resource Advisory Committee provides recommendations concerning recreation fees.

Giffford Pinchot National Forest Specific Recreation Passes

Climbing Logo

Climbing Logo

Mount St Helens NVM Logo

 Mount St Helens NVM Logo

LNT Logo copyright displayed with permission from Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics

  • Wilderness Regulations/Permits- Permits are used to monitor Wilderness use, set trail maintenance priorities, and plan work for Wilderness rangers. There is no charge for these self issued permits available at trailheads that lead into Wilderness.