The Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest is located in the north center part of Washington state.
Where is this Forest?


Recreation Passes & Permits

A recreation pass is required to use many trailheads, picnic areas, boat launches and interpretive sites on national forests throughout Oregon and Washington. Signs are posted at sites where recreation passes are required. The Discover Pass is required to park at Washington State Parks, Department of Natural Resources lands and Department of Fish and Wildlife trailheads.

To purchase online click on the "BUY" buttons. For more information click on the individual passes.

Recreation Passes

Question Mark with Question text



What types of recreation passes are available and how do I decide?

Are there any Free Days? Fees are waived at Forest Service-managed day use sites to celebrate specific events.

Where does the money go? Recreation fee revenues make a difference.

How can I get involved? The Pacific Northwest Recreation Resource Advisory Committee provides recommendations concerning recreation fees.


  • Find a Trail or Campground