Olympic Peninsula Resource Advisory Committee (RAC)
The Secure Rural Schools Act (SRS Act) was reauthorized by section 524 of P.L. 114-10 and signed into law by the President on April 16, 2015. In total, approximately $285 million in Forest Service authorized SRS funding will benefit 41 states and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico in support of local schools and roads and for other purposes. Additional information about Title II projects.
Current Information, 2016
View 2015 approved Title II projects. (.pdf)
Left to Right: Ian Jablonski, Herb Gerhardt, Frank Benavente, Katie Krueger, Scott Chitwood, Jim French, Jim Bower, Al Carter, Leslie Romer, Marc Reinertson.
Our appreciation for the current RAC members, many who started in 2008 and will complete their terms on September 30, 2016:
- Frank Benavente – Developed Outdoor Recreation
- Jim Bower – Commercial Timber Industry
- Al Carter- Affected Public-At-Large Scott Chitwood – American Indian Tribes
- Jim French – Developed Outdoor Recreation
- Herb Gerhardt – Dispersed Recreational Activities
- Phil Johnson – County-Elected Office Katie Krueger – American Indian Tribes
- Marc Reinertsen – Dispersed Recreational Activities
- Leslie Romer - Regional or Local Environmental Organizations
- Tim Sheldon – National Environmental Organizations
The Olympic National Forest is pleased to have new members joining the Olympic Peninsula Resource Advisory Committee. The following individuals were appointed to four year terms by the Secretary of Agriculture:
- Debbie Preston – Commercial or Recreation Fishing Groups
- Frank Hanson – Non-Industrial Private Forest Land Owners
- Ian Jablonski – Watershed Associations (re-appointment)
- Terri Jeffreys – County-Elected Office
- Bill Peach – (Commercial Timber Industry)
- Tamara Pokorny – (Watershed Associations)
- David Morris – (Area School Teacher)
We are currently seeking additional members to add to our 2016 committee! Interested participants should submit the required AD 755 application. Completed forms may be submitted in person or by mail: Olympic National Forest, 1835 Black Lake Blvd SW, Olympia, WA 98512, attention: Susan Piper.
All applications must be received or postmarked by July 15, 2016. For additional information, please contact Susan Piper, Title II Program Coordinator, at 360-956-2435.
2016 Title II Funding
Once approved, the Committee will have the responsibility to review future Title II applications and make recommendations to the Olympic National Forest in 2017. There will be a call for proposals in the fall of 2016.
Hard copy submission forms are available at the Supervisor’s Office, 1835 Black Lk Blvd SW, Olympia, WA.
Archived Agendas, Minutes, Applications
- Find past records of Olympic Resource Advisory Council Title II proposals, documents, and applications.