The Willamette National Forest is located in the western center of Oregon.
Where is this Forest?


Recreation Passes & Permits

Recreation Passes

Where are recreation day use fees charged? 

How to get a pass

In person

  • Visit any of our Forest Service offiices
  • Buy from a local business: Find a vendor in your neighborhood.

To purchase online click on the "BUY" buttons. 

  • For more information about each pass, click on the individual passes. 

Recreation Passes

Question Mark with Question text

Recreation Permits

Wilderness Permits

The Wilderness Permits page has information about the two types of wilderness permits below:

  • The wilderness self-issue permit is free and available at wilderness trailheads. They help us during search and rescue operations and to track use trends.
  • A wilderness limited entry permit is required for overnight and day visits to the Obsidian area (Three Sisters Wilderness) and the Pamelia area (Mt. Jefferson Wilderness).

For more information on the eight wilderness areas on the Willamette National Forest, visit our wilderness section.

Other recreation fees and permits:

  • Campground Fees
    The day use passes listed above do not cover campground fees. Please see the Recreation section for information on fees for campgrounds.
  • Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) Recreation
    Operating an Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) on public land requires an Oregon OHV permit. This is in addition to any forest passes or fees that may be required. Please see our OHV Permit section for details on permits needed for operating an OHV on the Willamette National Forest.
    [Note: we do NOT issue these permits at our offices]
  • Sno-park Permit
    The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) requires a Sno-park Permit  to park at many snow covered recreation sites from November through April.
    [Note: we do NOT issue these permits at our offices]