Forest Products Permits

Personal Firewood Permits

Firewood gathering season is variable between Ranger Districts on the Caribou-Targhee National Forest.

Christmas Tree Permits

Christmas Tree permits typically go on sale mid to late October at Caribou-Targhee National Forest Ranger District Offices.  Please check with a local office regarding availability information.

Personal Use Post and Pole Permits

Please contact your local Ranger District Offices for post and pole availability.

Aston/Island Park has designated personal use post adn pole areas. Mapes are below:

Big Grassy Post and Pole Area

Bishop Mtn. Post and Pole Area

High Point Post and Pole Area

North Hatchery Butte Post and Pole Area

Old Highway Trude Siding Post and Pole Area

Chick Creek Road Post and Pole Area

Yale Creek Post and Pole Area

Reclamation Road Firewood Post and Pole

Other Forest Product Permits

In addition to the permits listed above, permits are also required to collect forest products that include, but are not limited to: transplants of trees and shrubs, boughs, seeds, stumps, willow cuttings, grass, roots, moss, and lichens.  Please check with the Ranger District Offices in the area where you wish to collect for specific information on items you may be interested in.