Lake Shore Group Campground
Area Status: Open
Located on the north shore of Fore Lake, Lake Shore Group Campground is a favorite for scout troops, church and civic groups, as well as large families and family reunions.
- Launch your own boat, canoe or kayak and have a great time exploring the far reaches of Fore Lake with your group.
- Tent camping on the shores of Fore Lake is a popular activity for civic and scout groups. Limited RV parking (no hook-ups) is available.
- Reservations may be made by phone at 1-877-444-6777 or online at Recreation.gov.
- Launch your electric-motor boat into Fore Lake for some fishing, or fish from the bank of the campground.
- A large covered picnic pavilion is the centerpiece of the campground, a gathering place for groups who visit here.
- A small beach gives you access to the sand-bottomed Fore Lake for swimming. Swim at your own risk - be aware of alligators in this lake!
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Expect full recreation sites during weekends. Have backup plans. Sites may close when capacity is reached.|
|Reservations:||Reservations may be made by phone at 1-877-444-6777 or online at Recreation.gov.
|Fees:||$100 per night, two night minimum. Maximum 50 people.|
|Closest Towns:||Forest Corners, Silver Springs and Salt Springs|
General InformationGeneral Notes:
- Boat ramp
- Drinking water
- Picnic tables with pavilion
- Tent campsites
Licenses and Passes
Boating in the National Forests in Florida is regulated by the state of Florida. Please visit our boating web page before you grab your personal floatation device and head out onto the water.
Florida requires a state license for all fishing activities. Visit our fishing web page before you grab your gear.
Restroom and bathhouse is accessible.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information