You may contact us by postal mail, phone, or email. Addresses and phone numbers are located on the Offices Page.
About the Forest
The Allegheny National Forest includes several special areas such as:
Two Wilderness Areas
Two National Scenic Areas
Two National Wild & Scenic Rivers
- Allegheny Wild & Scenic River
- Clarion Wild & Scenic River
The Allegheny offers a wide variety of recreation activities including: boating, camping, hunting, fishing, ATV riding and snowmobiling that result in about 4 million recreation visitor days annually. The 12,000-acre Allegheny Reservoir provides boating, camping and fishing opportunities.
About one-third of the world’s supply of black cherry furniture veneer is provided by the Allegheny National Forest. In addition, numerous oil and gas wells are located throughout the forest.
Abundant fish and wildlife provide a variety of hunting, fishing, and viewing opportunities. The changing colors of the hardwood leaves each fall provide spectacular views from the many overlooks around the forest.
The area has four distinct seasons, with an annual precipitation of about 40 inches.
- Spring brings many blooming wild flowers and other natural vegetation.
- Summers are warm and moderately humid with average temperatures of 75-80 degrees.
- Fall provides panoramic views as the foliage turns spectacular colors of yellow, reds and purples.
- Winters are moderate with average temperatures of 20-25 degrees and about 60 inches of snowfall annually.