The Siuslaw National Forest is located in the western center of Oregon.
Where is this Forest?


Passes & Permits

Recreation Passes & Permits

In Washington and Oregon, some national forest recreation sites require a day use fee. The Recreation Passes & Permits section includes information about where fees are charged and which passes may be used to cover these fees. allows you to book many campsites, cabins, tours, and permits at over 2,700 facilities nationwide. Online reservations for some sites on the Siuslaw National Forest can be obtained at or call 1-877-444-6777.

6/16/16: Forest Service Proposes Fee Changes at Some Siuslaw National Forest Recreation Sites
The Siuslaw National Forest is proposing to raise campground fees or establish new fees at some recreation sites beginning in 2017. Recreation fees have remained at their current levels for over 10 years at most sites. These recreation fees are reinvested locally to maintain, operate, and provide visitor services at developed recreation sites. Public input on the proposed changes is welcome, and will be evaluated by the Forest Service and presented, along with the proposal, to a citizen advisory committee later this year. read more

Special Forest Products

Special Forest Products include firewood, mushrooms, moss, transplants, Christmas trees, cones, and boughs. These are forest resources not associated with timber sale contracts but are used for personal, commercial, and scientific purposes. This permit is required whenever you plan to sell forest products. Also, some products are rare enough or in high enough demand that they also require a permit. If you are unsure whether you need a special forest products permit, please contact us.

Special Use Permits

A special use permit is required when you are asking for special privileges on National Forest land. Examples include gatherings of 75 people or more, operating a business, using the forest for financial gain, and commercial filming. If you are unsure whether you need a special use permit, please contact us.

Road Use Permits

Using a National Forest System Road (NFSR) for commercial hauling requires a permit or written authorization.