Camping & Cabins
Choose from the following to find a site:
There is nothing quite like spending an evening away from home at one of America’s thousands of public land recreational area campsites. Whether you seek the solitude of a backcountry camping site or a convenient place for you and your family to pitch a tent or park an RV, there are plenty of places to camp in our parks, national seashores, lakeshores, forests and wilderness areas. Campsite fees, visitation fees and seasonal restrictions vary from site to site. In some cases, campsites can be reserved in advance.
For reservations, call 877-444-6777, 877-833-6777, or visit www.recreation.gov.
You can call the ranger station if you have additional questions about facilities and activities. Contact information found here.
There is a 14-day stay limit when camping. Additional information here.
You can book up to 6 months in advance of the arrival date for Campsites, Look-Outs, and Cabins.You can book up to 12 months in advance of the arrival date for Group Campsites. For additional questions see the help page.
Click here for Updated Camping and Day-use Information:
Enjoy camping or a picnic at one of the many day use areas.
Get the latest maps of the Croatan, Nantahala, Pisgah and Uwharrie national forests.
Alerts & Warnings
- Point Lookout Trail will temporarily close for repairs beginning August 8, 2022
- Linville Gorge Camping Permits Required for Summer Weekends
- Be Bear Aware
- Catawba Falls Trail (TR 225) Closed
- Camping and other restrictions now in effect at Max Patch
- Nantahala RD: Multiple areas under construction
- Appalachian RD: NCDOT construction near Harmon Den may affect Forest access
- Grandfather RD: Old House Gap Rd (FS192) temporarily closed
- Recreate responsibly
- Joyce Kilmer Trail Lower Loop Closed due to rain damage
- Target Shooting prohibited on Croatan National Forest