Passes & Permits

The Forest Service offers many activities such as hiking, biking, skiing, camping, birding, using cabins, driving for pleasure, harvesting edible materials, and gathering firewood. Many of the facilities and services associated with these opportunities are free. However, some do require fees or permits to help maintain, manage and improve the amenities enjoyed by all. Visit the Recreation Passes and Permits and the Forest Products Permits for more information.

Click here for information about Research Permits

Chistmas Tree information will be displayed here when applicable. 

Key Contacts

Alpine Ranger District 
P.O. Box 469 (mailing)
42634 Hwy. 180/191 (physical) 
Alpine, AZ 85920 

Voice: (928)339-5000 
Black Mesa Ranger District 
P.O. Box 968 (mailing)
2748 East AZ 260 (physical) 
Overgaard, AZ 85933 
Voice: (928) 535-7300 
Clifton Ranger District 
397240 AZ 75 
Duncan, AZ 85534 
Voice: (928) 687-8600
Lakeside Ranger District 
2022 W White Mtn. Blvd. 
Lakeside, AZ 85929 
Voice: (928) 368-2100 
Springerville Ranger District
P.O. Box 760 (mailing) 
165 S. Mountain Ave.(physical) 
Springerville, AZ 85938 
Voice: (928) 333-6200