Volunteers are the heartbeat of the Forest Service. The types of work a volunteer can perform are as varied and diverse as the backgrounds and abilities of those who volunteer, including conservation education, nature interpretation, trail and facility maintenance, campground hosting, and reception.
The Northern Acquisition Management (AQM) Center is located in New Mexico, with offices in both Albuquerque and Santa Fe. The AQM services the Cibola and the Santa Fe National Forest consisting of two Supervisor's Offices, nine Districts, two National Grasslands, two fire dispatch centers and the fire mobilization center. The area serviced includes parts of New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
Alerts & Warnings
- Forest Closure Order for Mt. Taylor, Mountainair, and Sandia Ranger Districts
- Stage II Fire Restrictions Mt. Taylor, Magdalena, Mountainair, and Sandia RDs
- 03-0723 Kiowa/Rita-Blanca Stage II Fire Restrictions
- 03-0722 Black Kettle/McClellan Creek Areas Stage II Fire Restrictions
- 03-0719 Lake Marvin & McClellan Creek Areas Stage II Fire Restrictions
- Discharging a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun