Passes & Permits

  • Recreation Passes

    Interagency recreation passes include the Annual Pass, Every Kid Outdoors 4th grade program, Interagency Military Passes, Senior Passes for persons over 62, and Access Passes for persons with permanent disabilities.

  • Special Use Permits

    Special events or commercial use of public lands require a permit. This includes commercial activities such as filming or guiding, and non-commercial uses such as organized events or gatherings, and recreation residences.

  • Forest Products & Firewood Permits

    Special forest products are non-timber goods that can be found in the forest such as mushroom, beargrass leaves, fern greens, pine cones, evergreen boughs and huckleberries. The Lolo also offers firewood permits to the public.

  • Winter Recreation Passes for Lolo Pass

    Winter Recreation Passes are a great way to pay for use of the Lolo Pass winter recreation area and support the maintenance of this popular site!

  • Christmas Tree Permits

    Cutting the family Christmas tree is timeless tradition. You can get your tree permits online or at an office.

  • Mushroom Picking

    The Lolo National Forest currently offers personal use free permits for mushroom harvesting. No commercial harvest permits are available.