Maps & Publications
Interactive Visitor Map
Discover the Forest with this hidden gem - try the new Forest Map! The Visitor Map allows the public to view, through an online map interface, Forest Service roads, trails, recreation sites, wilderness areas, and wild & scenic rivers. The map can be used on personal computers, smart phones or tablet devices through any modern web browser. This Interactive Forest Map is also available as a mobile app for your Android (Google Play) or Apple device (Apple App store).
Notable app. features include:
* accessible recreation locations
* simplified and streamlined map interface
* national-level search capabilities
* wildfire and weather warnings/watches
* easily share the map through email or on social networks
* offline mapping
More information about the Forest Service Visitor Map is available here.
Smartphone AVENZA PDF App
Get the App. Get the Map.
AVENZA PDF MAPS is a free mobile map application that enables you to download maps over a Wi-Fi or cellular network to read on your smartphone or tablet. Use your device’s built-in GPS to track your location on the map. The beauty is that you can access these maps and locate yourself even when you’re offline (no WiFi or Cell connection) because they’re saved to the device’s memory.
For more information about Avenza PDF Maps including tutorials, check out this webpage. List of all Avenza maps for the Ozark-St. Francis National Forests available here.
GAIA GPS app
Forest Visitor Maps are now available through the GAIA GPS app in IOS and Android. The annual subscription to GAIA GPS includes free access to visitor maps nationwide.
Free Downloadable Maps
Forest Service Topography Maps: These maps overlay Forest Service assets, such as roads and campgrounds, on USGS's topographic maps. They are available for download by quadrangle.
Recreation Area Directory
The Recreation Area Directory will help you enjoy the Ozark-St. Francis National Forests. In this directory you will find descriptions of and directions to picnic areas, campgrounds, points of interest, trails, wilderness areas. You will find information on the facilities available at each site, which is also summarized in the Recreation Area Index of this directory. Download the Recreation Area Directory 5,604KB
Both the Ozark National Forest and the St. Francis National Forest maps are available for purchase at the Forest Supervisors' Office in Russellville, AR, and also in the district offices. Please call first for availability.
Visitor Maps can be ordered directly online fromthe USGS store here.
Online maps for other national forests in both paper format and digital format (to use in the Avenza app) are available at the MapFinder Website
General Information Brochures
Click here to view the Ozark National Forest Recreation Area Locator Map.
Click here to view the St. Francis National Forest Recreation Area Locator Map.
Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM)
- Big Piney Ranger District MVUM
- Boston Mountain Ranger District MVUM
- Mt. Magazine Ranger District MVUM
- Pleasant Hill Ranger District MVUM
- St. Francis National Forest MVUM
- Sylamore Ranger District MVUM
- Wedington MVUM
Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Policy & Fact Sheet
- Off-Highway Vehicle Policy
- Off-Highway Vehicle Fact Sheet
- Off-Highway Information Sheet
Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Maps - Traveling the Back Country
- Front & Back of Traveling the Back Country Brochure (rules and regulations)
- Big Piney Ranger District Map C - OHV Map
- Boston Mountain Ranger District Map A - OHV Map
- Mt. Magazine Ranger District Map D - OHV Map
- Pleasant Hill Ranger District Map B - OHV Map
- Sylamore Ranger District Map E - OHV Map
Recreation Opportunity Guides (ROGs)
Ozark National Forest Guides
- Alum Cove Natural Bridge Geological Area
- Blanchard Springs Recreation Area
- Bear Creek Lake Recreation Area
- Boston Mountain Hiking Trails
- Brock Creek Recreation Area Information
- Buckhorn OHV Trail System
- Cove Lake Recreation Area
- East Fork Wilderness
- Gunner Pool
- Horsehead Lake
- Huckleberry Mountain Horse Trail
- Hurricane Creek Wilderness
- Lake Wedington Recreation Area
- Leatherwood Wilderness
- Long Pool Recreation Area
- Mill Creek OHV Trail
- Moccasin Gap Horse Trail
- Mt. Magazine Hiking Trail
- North Sylamore Creek Trail Map 11x17
- North Sylamore Creek Trail Information
- Ozark Highlands Trail Information
- Ozark Highlands Trail Sylamore Section
- Pedestal Rocks Scenic Area
- Pleasant Hill Shooting Range
- Richland Creek Wilderness
- Shelton Point Shooting Range
- Shores Lake Recreation Area
- Spring Lake Recreation Area
- Sylamore Shooting Range
- Syllamo Bike Trail
- Upper Buffalo Mountain Bike Trail Info
- Upper Buffalo Mountain Bike Trail Map 11x17 1:24,000 scale
- Upper Buffalo Mountain Bike Trail Map 22x22 1:18,000 scale with elevation change info
- Upper Buffalo Wilderness
- White Rock Recreation Area
Walk-In Turkey Areas - Ozark National Forest
Growing Season Prescribed Burns Benefit Turkey Habitat
- Guide To Walk-In Turkey Hunting Areas
- Huckleberry Mountain
- Salt Fork