Passes & Permits

As stewards of your public lands, the Salmon-Challis National Forest manages resources to meet sustainable resource management objectives.  In order to manage these valuable resources and protect public health and safety, certain activities require permits and passes. 

Below are several activities where a permit is needed.

Recreation Passes and Permits

This section includes information about where fees are charged and which passes may be used to cover those fees.

Forest Products Permits

Forest Product permits include those for:

  • Christmas Trees
  • Firewood Post and Poles
  • Mushrooms
  • Transplant Materials