The Green Mountain & Finger Lakes National Forests’ scenic beauty along the backbone of Vermont’s Green Mountains and New York’s Finger Lakes region provide unlimited recreational opportunities in all seasons.
Some opportunities we offer include:
- Over 900 miles of trails managed for both summer and winter uses
- Sections of long trails like the Appalachian National Scenic Trail, the Long Trail, and the North Country Scenic Trail.
- Outstanding campgrounds, including two designated National Recreation Areas
- Eight designated wilderness areas on the Green Mountain National Forest
- 3 Alpine and 4 cross-country ski areas offering some of the most spectacular skiing in the Northeast
- Countless lakes and streams for unlimited fishing and other water activities
Enjoy your Green Mountain and Finger Lakes National Forests.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Recreation Conditions Report
|Area Name||Status||Area Conditions|
|Backbone Horse Campground||Open|
|Blueberry Patch Campground||Open|
|Chittenden Brook Area Trails||Open|
|Chittenden Brook Campground||Open|
|Grout Pond Area Trails||Open|
|Grout Pond Recreation Area||Open|
|Hapgood Pond Recreation Area||Open|
|Moosalamoo Area Trails||Open|
|Potomac Group Campground||Open|
|Silver Lake Area Trails||Open|
|Silver Lake Campground||Open|