Camping & Cabins
Choose from the following to find a site:
Depending on the season, visitors may ski, snowshoe, hike, mountain bike, or ride horses high into the backcountry and spend the night at this charming remote cabin high on a ridge in the Kettle Mountain Range. At an elevation of 6,400 feet, views from the Cabin stretch from the Cascades to the mountains of Canada and northern Idaho. Take in the spectacular sunrises, sunsets, and starry night skies.
Snow Peak Cabin is a quaint, rustic log cabin measuring 17 feet by 19 feet, and although it was recently constructed, it has the feel and charm of a historic landmark. It is well-equipped with a wood stove, table, sleeping cots, propane cook stove, basic cookware and cutlery, and solar lighting. There is no potable water on site. Visitors must bring plenty of water for drinking, cooking and washing.
Alerts & Warnings
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-14 Public Use Restriction Stage 1
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-02 Food Storage Order
- Trail update 7-20-2020
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-03 Explosives and Exploding Targets Prohibition
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-02 Alcohol and Drug Prohibitions
- Colville National Forest continues to restore access to closed areas
- Trout Lake trailhead