There are no fire restrictions in effect on the Manti-La Sal National Forest.



Preparation and safety are of utmost importance while recreating in the national forest.  Please observe safety alerts and notices before your excursion to the forest.  Simply knowing the current conditions, closures and alerts prepares you for a pleasurable outdoor visit, free from any surprise that could deter your fun!

 Fire Information and Restrictions | Utah Snowtel Website | National Weather Service | State of Utah Road Conditions

Current Alerts and Notices

Title 36 of the Code of Federal Regulations 261.50 (a) gives each Forest Supervisor the authority to issue orders which close or restrict use of the of described areas within the area over which he/she has jurisdiction. An order may close an area to entry or may restrict the use of an area by applying any or all of the prohibitions authorized in Title 36, Part 261, Subpart B, of the Code of Federal Regulations. See Below for Current Alerts and closures.

General Public Information:

Ferron/Price Ranger District:

  • Lake Fork Camping and Road Closure: To protect public safety in areas impacted by the Coal Hollow and Pole Creek Fires and monsoonal flooding including soil instability and roadway damage.

Sanpete Ranger District:

  • No alerts or notices at this time. 

Moab/Monticello Ranger District:

  • Pack Creek Picnic Area Closure: To prevent potential injury to the public due to unstable soils and damaged trees/vegetation by restricting access to heavily affected areas of the Pack Creek Fire.
  • Porcupine Rim Trail Closure: To protect public health and safety during contruction of the Porcupine Rim Camping Area.

Intermountain Regional Orders

Current Regional Orders - Learn more about the Weed Free Hay Order, Explosives and Exploding Targets and Fireworks and Spark Arrestors.

Forest Orders

          04-10-03-24-02 | Price Ranger District

          Start Date: 1/10/2024    Expires: 1/1/2024

  04-10-04-24-01 | Moab Ranger District       

 Start Date: 10/26/2023    Expires: 06/02/2024

          04-10-02-23-07 | Ferron Ranger District

          Start Date: 09/26/2023    Expires: 

          04-10-03-23-04 | Price Ranger District

          Start Date: 06/09/2023    Expires: 01/01/2024

           04-10-02-23-03 | Ferron Ranger District

           Start Date: 04/24/2023  Expires: 05/10/2023

04-10-04-23-01 | Moab/Monticello Ranger Districts

Start Date:  01/30/2023  Expires: 12/31/2023

04-10-013 | Manti-La Sal National Forest

Start Date: 04/01/2003 Expires: Until further notice

Frequently Asked Questions


  • Winter Recreation Tips

    A placeholder image

    National Forest System land can provide stunning scenery and recreational opportunities during the winter, but it is important to be aware of the dangers and risks associated with winter weather. Snowstorms, freezing temperatures, prolonged exposure to cold winds and possible avalanches in some areas are all concerns when recreating in the winter months.