Alerts & Notices
An order may close an area to entry or may restrict the use of an area by applying prohibitions authorized in the Code of Federal Regulations. View a list of current forest orders.
- Bridge on Spring Lake Rd closed for repairs
Date(s): Oct 15, 2021
- East Fly Gap Road closure due to landslide
Date(s): Apr 29, 2021
- Road Closure on Big Piney district due to landslide
Date(s): Apr 14, 2021
- White Rock Mtn Rd FSR 1003 Closed due to landslide
Date(s): May 28, 2020
- Morgan Mtn Road closure due to landslide
Date(s): Apr 8, 2020
- Portion of Shoal Creek Rd Closed on Magazine District
Date(s): Dec 6, 2019
In response to potential contamination at former Cattle Dip Vat (CDV) sites across the Southeast, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Forest Service (FS) Southern Region (R8) developed a CDV Management Program to quickly and efficiently reduce risk posed by arsenic in the soils at these sites. A total of 29 CDV sites within the Ouachita and Ozark-St. Francis National Forests have been investigated under this program.
Caves and Mines Are Closed on the Ozark-St. Francis National Forests.