Outfitting & Guiding Services

The 2021 Open Season for applying for outfitter guide permits has closed. This year's open season was limited to those with applications accepted in the past five years. 

A special use permit for outfitting and guiding on National Forest System land is required when an individual, company, organization, institution or non-profit group charges a participatory fee for guiding services and/or provides recreation equipment. A special use permit is also required to provide outfitting or guiding services on the Klickitat and White Salmon Wild and Scenic Rivers. 

Whitewater Rafting

Find a Guide

Find an Outfitter or Guide for your next Gorge adventure.  

People running on a rocky forest trail

Guides: Apply/Renew 

Get updates on how to apply for or renew, your outfitter/guide permit.

A page with text on it.

Permit Requirements 

Review permit requirements and find current proposal forms.
Fisherman casting a line in the river

FAQs for Guides

Key things to know about outfitting/guiding on national forest lands.

References for Guides