Forestwide Planning on the Francis Marion National Forest
Welcome to the Francis Marion Plan Revision web page,a one-stop resource for information associated with the plan revision process.
Updates to the Francis Marion Forest Plan
Updates to the Francis Marion Forest Plan, such as administrative changes or forest plan amendments will be posted here.
The Signed Record of Decision has been Released!
The Record of Decision for the Francis Marion Revised Plan has been signed and released. Signing the Record of Decision marks the end of the forest plan revision for the Francis Marion National Forest and implementation for the forest plan direction will soon begin. The Notice of Approval was published in the Federal Register on March 31 and the revised forest plan will become effective 30 days after the Notice of Approval is published, so it will be effective on May 1, 2017. Printed copies of the Record of Decision, Revised Forest Plan and FEIS will be available after these steps have been completed. You can call 803-561-4000 to request printed copies shipped to your mailing address.
- Cover Letter for the Record of Decision
- Signed Record of Decision
- Federal Register Notice of Approval
- Legal Ad Notice of Approval
The Updated Revised Forest Plan is Available!
Questions or comments? Please email us.
The Francis Marion National Forest released an updated Francis Marion Revised Land Management Plan (Revised Plan) and associated Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) on January 19, 2017. The Revised Plan and FEIS have been updated from their initial release in August 2016 to reflect the resolution of an objection to the Revised Plan and FEIS. For more information, on the objection received on the Revised Plan, see the section below.
The Revised Land Management Plan will be approved by signing the Record of Decision (ROD) after a 30-day waiting period following the issuance of the Notice of Availability of the Plan’s FEIS in the Federal Register. While we had originally anticipated that the Notice of Availability would be published on January 27, 2017, it was delayed and now we anticipate a publication date of February 10, 2017. The release of the signed Record of Decision, along with the publication of a “Notice of Approval” in the Federal Register, will occur around mid-March, 2017. The Revised Plan will then go into effect 30 days after the publication of the Notice of Approval. (So the Plan will become effective around the end of April.) When these steps are completed, printed and electronic copies of the Revised Plan, FEIS, FEIS Appendices, and Record of Decision will also available upon request by calling 803-561-4000.
- Updated Revised Forest Plan News Release
- Francis Marion Revised Plan Cover Letter
- Francis Marion FEIS Appendices
- Edits Made to Francis Marion Revised Plan And FEIS
- Francis Marion Plan FEIS Chapters 1 to 4
- FEIS Errata
- Francis Marion Final Revised Forest Plan
- Biological Opinion
- Biological Opinion Cover Letter
- Updated Plan Cover Letter
- Federal Register Notice of Availablity
Alerts & Warnings
- Bridge closure on FS road 305 on Enoree Ranger District
- New digital payment options and online reservations at Enoree recreation sites
- Supervisor's Office not issuing passes until June 29
- No potable water at Parsons Mountain Recreation Area
- Please be aware of open well hazards on Sumter National Forest