Getting out to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center & Recreation Area
Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center is located approximately 13 miles from downtown Juneau and cruise ship docks. There are several transportation options from the Juneau cruise ship docks. The Forest Service does not recommend any business in particular. There are limited options from the airport or ferry terminal.
Shuttle Companies: Two private companies provide shuttle bus service between the cruise ship dock and the glacier. Ask your dock representative when you disembark where to find these service.
Taxi companies: Juneau has several taxi companies available as well
- DLUX/Capital/Taku/Evergreen - 907-586-2121 for Dispatch
- Junaeu Taxi - 907-586-1111
Limo Licensed Companies:
- Juneau Limo - 907-463-5466
Other Transport/Tour Companies: You may arrange a tour or transportation through your cruise ship’s excursion desk or dockside sales booths. Tours often include several noteworthy sites in a particular route maximizing your touring time.
- Alaska Coach Tours - 907-992-0569
- Alaska Travel Adventures - 800-323-5757
- Crew International Tours - 907-790-2511
- Dolphin Jet Boat Tours - 800-719-3422
- First Student (charter bus) - 907-789-7352
- Holland America Princess - 907-364-7200
- Juneau Sportfishing & Sightseeing - 907-586-1887
- Juneau Tours - 907-523-6095
- Last Chance Tours - 907-586-1891
- M&M Tours - 907-500-5186