Advisory Committees

Bridger-Teton National Forest Resource Advisory Committee (RAC)

Meeting: September 26, 2016 at 5:00pm. There are two locations to choose from:

  • Lincoln County Courthouse, 925 Sage Avenue, Suite 201, Kemmerer, Wyoming
  • Lincoln County Branch Office, Conference Room, 421 Jefferson Avenue, Afton, Wyoming.
  • The public is welcome to attend in person or via conference line. That number is:  1-888-844-9904, pass code: 9479322

Meeting Documents: 


What is the BTNF RAC?

The Bridger-Teton NF Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) was established by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in 2008. You can visit the National Secure Rural Schools website for more information. 


Who is on the RAC?

The BTNF RAC, one of 4 RACs within Wyoming, has 11 members appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture. The members represent a diverse cross section of land management and rural community interests. Counties that are participating under Title II of the Secure Rural Schools Act are Sublette and Lincoln. To be considered for the RAC committee you need to fill out a  member application. 


What is the RAC’s Purpose?

The committee seeks to provide projects that enhance forest ecosystem health and employment opportunities. The RAC strives to improve cooperative relationships among Forest Service managers and those who use and care about public lands.  


How does the RAC Operate?

The committee typically meets to consider funding projects that meet the legislative intent of economically healthy communities and healthy, sustainable public lands. The meetings are announced in the Federal Register and the local newspapers, and are open to the public.


 How are RAC Funds Used?

Funds may be used for projects on National Forests or adjoining private land to provide benefits to National Forest resources. The committee has funded projects such as culvert replacement to enhance fish passage, a fuel reduction project to protect a community from wildland fire, and several county weed control programs. At least 50% of funding must be road maintenance/obliteration or watershed improvement/restoration projects.


How do I Submit a Project Proposal?

Any proposed projects located in the Bridger-Teton National Forest need to be coordinated with the local District Ranger.  Project proposals must be submitted electronically by following the link.

Key Contacts

Adriene L. Holcomb 
Kemmerer District Ranger