You work hard. You get dirty. Your muscles get tired and sore. You get blisters, bug bites and rained on. You don’t get paid and you call it fun. You are a volunteer! You are the heartbeat of the Forest Service. Here on the Olympic National Forest volunteers perform a variety of activities from forest conservation to trail restoration.
The National Forest trails in Washington are maintained by a large number and variety of partners. Contact one of the groups below, or call the Olympic National Forest to find out more about how to get involved: (360) 956-2402.
Trail Maintenance & Other Resource Management Partners:
- Washington Trails Association
- The Gray Wolves Trail Crew
- Mount Rose Trail Crew
- Pacific Northwest Trail Association
- Olympia Mountaineers
- Back Country Horsemen of Washington
- Read this handy volunteer guide
- Find Forest Service opportunities on Volunteer.gov
More Information: https://www.fs.usda.gov/working-with-us/volunteers