Passes & Permits

Before you plan an activity on the Forest, please be sure to check whether or not you need a permit or pass.  Most national forest system lands are open, free of charge for your use and enjoyment. Entrance and user fees may be charged at some areas. These fees can be paid each time you visit or you can use a special pass.  For a list of these special passes, click here.


The 2013 Recreation Accomplishment Report provides informaton on accomplishments that have been provided with recreation fees on the Ouachita National Forest. 

Southern Region Accomplishment Report