Maps & Publications
The US Forest Service provides several types of publications and maps to the public. The material is available in many forms: brochures, maps, Recreational Opportunity Guides (ROGs), on such subjects as recreation, sightseeing, wilderness, travel management, and vegetation.
- You can purchase National Forest Visitor Maps through the U.S Geological Survey Store.
- Several types of mobile compatible maps are available from Avenza Maps.
- US Geological Survey website offers USGS Topographic Maps and a wide variety of maps on-line and for purchase.
In general, forest visitor and other kinds of maps may also be purchased at most Plumas National Forest Offices.
Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM)
The Motor Vehicle Use Map displays National Forest System routes (roads and trails) or areas designated open to motorized travel. The Motor Vehicle Use Map also displays uses allowed by vehicle class (highway-legal vehicles, vehicles less than 50 inches wide and motorcycles), and seasonal allowances.
Our publications fall into a few broad categories: administrative, general, recreation and research publications. Select the "Forest Publications" link for even more guides.
Recreation Opportunity Guides
- Trails on the Beckwourth Ranger District
- Trails on the Feather River Ranger District
- Trails on the Mt. Hough Ranger District
Recreation Areas (Lakes and Reservoirs)
Individual Feather River Ranger District Trails
The individual trail guides provide trail specific information not found in the Ranger District guides. Only Feather River Ranger District trails are available and not all trails are currently posted.
These are just a sampling of the types of handouts that are free at your local forest office.