Passes & Permits

Field of flowers and forbs in a forest Fire with logs and a hotdog roasting Christmas tree in the middle of a forest - lit up with lights Filming a movie on a national forest


The Forest Service offers many activities such as hiking, camping, harvesting forest products such as mushrooms, gathering firewood, and cutting Christmas trees. Many of the facilities and services associated with these opportunities are free, but others require fees, permits, or passes to help maintain, manage and improve upon the amenities you enjoy. This section will help you understand the variety of passes and permits available to you. 

recreation permits buttonForest Products Permits ButtonChristmas Tree Permit Button

Commercia Permits ButtonOther permits button