Passes & Permits

Wildflowers near Pass Creak

Shoshone National Forest is open, free of charge, for your use and enjoyment. Fees may be charged and permits required for certain activities and uses. The fees are used to help maintain and improve the amenities you enjoy.

Business permit holders, such as campground concessionaires and outfitters/guides, may provide services to public land users. Permits are required for certain individual and commerical activities that occur on National Forest lands.  Recreation passes may be purchased at all Shoshone National Forest District offices.