The purpose of the Landscape Scale Restoration (LSR) competitive grant program is to encourage collaborative, science-based restoration of priority forest landscapes, leverage public and private resources, and support priorities identified in State Forest Action Plans. The LSR request for applications comes out once per year.
Organizations interested in helping States and the USDA Forest Service attain our mutual goals should familiarize themselves with the relevant State Forest Action Plan(s) and discuss project ideas with the State forestry agency. Coordination with State Forester(s) is essential.
FY 2020 Landscape Scale Restoration Request for Applications
The Forest Service is requesting applications for LSR grants for Fiscal Year 2020. Application evaluation criteria have changed slightly. Review the criteria in the guidance document to ensure your application addresses them adequately. Submit all applications for this funding opportunity through Grants.gov. Search for grant opportunity number USDA-FS-2020-LSR.
- Partners and collaborators must submit an initial draft of their Grants.gov application to involved State Foresters by September 13, 2019.
- Complete applications, including State Forester Sponsor letters, are due by 6 p.m. Eastern October 11, 2019, which is the application deadline.
The LSR FY 2020 Webinar is August 20, 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. EDT. Click to register!
- FY 2020 LSR Request for Applications Guidance and Instructions
- FY 2020 LSR Project Narrative Form
- FY 2020 LSR Project Application Supplement 1 – Partner Budget Table
- Cooperative Lands Forest Pest Treatment Funding Request
- National Fire Plan Operations and Reporting System (NFPORS) Form
- State Forester Sponsor Letter Template
- State Forester Endorsement Letter Template
- Frequently Asked Questions
Past LSR Reference Information
- FY 2019 LSR Funded List
- FY 2019 LSR Final Ranking
- FY 2018 LSR Reviewers’ Comments
- FY 2018 LSR Funded List
- FY 2018 LSR Final Ranking
- FY 2017 LSR Reviewers' Comments
- FY 2017 LSR Funded List
- FY 2017 LSR Final Ranking
- FY 2016 LSR Reviewers' Comments
- FY 2016 LSR Funded List
- FY 2016 LSR Final Ranking
- LSR / S&PF Redesign Proposal Library (Full text of all released competitive proposals 2008-2018)
Resources for Proposal Development
- FY20 National Guidance
- National Landscape-scale Restoration Projects Search (current status reports)
- State Forest Action Plans
- Cooperative Forestry Assistance Act of 1978 as amended by the Farm Bill (authorities for this Request for Applications)
- USDA Forest Service Program Justifications
- Summary of Matching Funds and Allowable costs
- Grant regulation provisions regarding eligible match sources and allowable costs (See Federal Regulations Title 2 Part 200.306 and Subpart E for Cost Principles)
- Landscape Scale Conservation in the Northeast and Midwest
- Guidance for Preparing Project Proposals for Landscape Tree Planting in the USDA Forest Service – Eastern Region
Visit the Northeast-Midwest State Foresters Alliance for State contact information.
Questions for the Forest Service can go to our field representatives: