Welcome to the Ochoco National Forest
The Ochoco National Forest and the Crooked River National Grassland are home to many treasured landscapes and activities. Come find your special place!
Please Don't Pet or Feed Wild Horses
The Forest Service and Central Oregon Wild Horse Coalition wish to remind visitors not to pet or feed wild horses, because doing so can harm the animal and require its removal.
Are those noxious weeds you're standing in?
Use this guide to help you identify the top invasive plants of the Crooked River Basin!
Do you know how to properly extinguish a campfire? Check out this short video for some campfire safety tips.
How we're protecting and restoring native plants
Each year, the Ochoco National Forest and Crooked River National Grassland undertake numerous projects to eradicate invasive and restore native plants.
Alerts & Warnings
- Walton Lake Campground closing this weekend
- Portion of FSR 42 Closed for Reconstruction
- Rager Travel Management Area Green Dot Closure
- Blue-Green Algae Information (Summer 2023)
- Water Unavailable at Rager RS
- Fire Restrictions (Public Use Restrictions)
- 14 Day Stay Order